Sunday, October 26, 2008

From bar hopping to church hopping

I was sitting here this afternoon reading The Dirt by Motley Crue and started thinking about how much things have changed since i've moved.

The couple weeks before I moved, when the kids were already up here and I was alone I spent a few evenings out with friends, 'making memories' before I moved...aka bar hopping.

Today, we went to our regular church for services, then it was ministry Sunday so they had a lunch after services that we stayed for.

After that we headed home for an hour and a half before we headed down the street to the skating rink for a 'Holy Rollers Skate Party' that another church in town was putting on and roller skated for a while. (Yeah, that wasn't pretty)

After that, we went to yet another church in town for chicken wings and to see a christian rock band perform.

There have been plenty of nights that i've been in three bars in one night, but i'm pretty sure this is the first time i've been to functions with three different churches in a day.

I think these are changes I can live with !

1 comment:

Miss French Jessica said...

Cool! :D I have never church hopped either, but it sounds like this church hopping was a lot of fun! I, however, would have totally skipped the rollerskating--last time I went (8th grade) I totally split my pants. Not a pretty sight! ;)