Saturday, October 25, 2008

building charachter.

I am so proud of my boys this weekend.

They are in Boy Scouts now, so for all the home football games they have been raising the flag as the high school band plays the National Anthem.

It was COLD last night, and pouring down raining and I tried and tried to convince them that we should stay home and skip the game, but they wouldn't have it. They were supposed to be there and they were going to be there!

I bundled up in my pink hello kitty pajamas, jeans, a sweatshirt, coat, heavy socks, boots, gloves and a hat and hauled them all down there. I froze my buns off while they hoisted the flag up in the rain.

We skipped most of the game because I had to drop a check off for the new place and I was hoping to just go home, but they made sure on the way home we stopped for the last quarter so they could help lower the flag too.

"Mom, if we don't go there might not be enough people and the flag could touch the ground...could you live with yourself THEN?!?"

Don't you just love a good guilt trip from your kid? haha.

Today we had to be in town at 9am for Scout Achievement day. There were 8 stations to complete, including first aid, bow & arrow, bb guns, slingshots, and a special station for the Bobcat badge.

The guns and slingshots were a blast of course, (for them, i was a nervous wreck!) , the arts & crafts ones were fun, but Jordan decided he wanted to earn his bobcat badge. He worked SO hard on it! He had to memorize and recite the BoyScout motto, pledge, and the pact law.

When we got there we got split up into groups and I ended up being the 'leader' of his Wolf pack. We had ten second graders and by the end of the day every one of them learned everything and recited it and qualified for the badge.

I'm so proud of them, 1. for completing the requirements and 2. for helping their friends who were taking a little longer to help them finish instead of whining about moving on to the next station.

It was a fun, fun day, but i'm glad to be home where it's WARM!

1 comment:

Wingnut said...

These boys do you proud! Nice job Mom!