Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Go play in the wind (parenting at it's finest)

As most everone knows, just about all of Ohio has been out of power since Sunday. We were driving home from the park when the crazy wind started. We got home and it just seemed like a storm was blowing in.

No rain.

No lightning.

Sounds like a good time to play outside right?

Jordan and Jake went out to play and came back in to say that it was hard to play because dirt was flying in their eyes.

What does mom say?

"You big wimps, go play!"

I was outside reading afterall (the power was out already) how bad could it be?

A few minutes later Jordan comes over to me.

"Mommy, I tried to climb the tree, but it was SOOO hard, the wind was almost blowing me across the state!"

What does mom say?

"You big wimp, just hold on tighter!"
(ok, I don't really remember what I said to that one, but we stayed outside)

We finally went in when the wind whipped and blew a bag of potato chips right out of my hand and it finally got dark so I couldnt read anymore.

They told me while they were playing in the wind, some girl videotaped them. They think they're going to be on the news. I'm sure CPS will be knocking at my door anyday.

Come to find out, millions have no power, 5 people died from falling trees, the glass shattered in a friends car, and I just heard the winds were equal to a Category 1 hurricane around here.

Yeah kids, go play. If you find my parent of the year award blowing in the wind catch it for me k?

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You crack me up. So nice to know I'm not the only 'Slacker Mom' out there! LOL!